rules & regulations
The woodlands and lakes are a wild space. All use of the trails, forest and lake are at the user’s risk.
Failure to abide by any of these results may result in expulsion from the property and suspension of membership privileges:
The use of this property is restricted to dues-paying Association members and their immediate households/families:
- Members-Only: Use of this private property is restricted to dues-paying SLCA members and their accompanied guests; members are limited to one guest.
- Pets: Keep reactive dogs on their leash so that everyone can enjoy their visit peacefully, including the wildlife!
- Littering: Pick up after yourself, including cans, food, pet droppings, and poop bags.
- Sound: Playing radios and other sound equipment loudly enough to disturb others is prohibited.
- Hours: Access to the property is prohibited during dark — 15 minutes after sunset to 15 minutes before sunrise.
- Swimming: While the water quality is safe, the lake is filled with debris; swimming is strongly discouraged.
- Wildlife: Do not release or remove any wildlife from the property or lake — domestic ducks, geese, fish, or other live animals.
- Property Line: The road and drainage on both sides of the road are owned by the Georgia Department of Transportation. The City of Brookhaven has a 10 foot “right of way” on all private property to install and maintain structures.
Silver Lake is managed to maximize the health of the lakes while providing recreational opportunities for members. We especially encourage our younger members to enjoy this remarkable resource. In order to maintain a healthy fishery while limiting pressure on the Lake, the following regulations apply:
- Boat Fishing: All members may fish from the shoreline; only rack slot renters, lakefront dock/boat owners, and resident members may fish from their watercraft
- Fish: All bass, bream, bluegill, and shell crackers are catch-and-release.
- Racks: All watercraft stored on Silver Lake property must be placed securely in an assigned rented rack space; they may not be wider and must fit the length without alterations.
- Watercrafts: Watercraft must be quiet, passive, safe, and do not disturb others; gasoline motors are prohibited.
- Photos: Posting photos of fish on any social media network — including Fishbrain, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter — is prohibited.
- Safety: Watercraft must meet Coast Guard regulation, including an approved personal flotation device for each occupant.
No docks are permitted on our private property without a permit. Permission must be obtained from Silver Lake Civic Association before constructing any new dock, and before modifying the size or design of an existing dock.
- Annual Permit: Docks require active dues-paying membership as well maintained in sound repair, of appropriate size and quality.
- Damage: Broken, unsightly, or free-floating docks must be repaired and/or removed by the owner within 30 days of notice.