now hiring volunteers
Silver Lake thrives solely because of the time and energy offered by its member volunteers. Listed below are the many open and available projects we need members to volunteer to champion.
Any member of any age may complete any or all of these ad hoc tasks at any time.
- Woodland trash and debris cleanup
- Clean boardwalks to avoid slipping
- Clear fallen/rotted trees
- Bridge & walkway repair
Members have requested a number of one-time projects, which require a champion. SLCA will support this champion by fulling funding the materials and hired labor, if necessary.
- Remove Little Silver trees
- Update private property/trespassing signage
- Install steps on eroded trail inclines/declines
- Install dog waste bins at trailheads
- Update by-law to switch from 501(4)c to 501(3)c
- Fish habitat sinking
A number of recurring tasks are required to operate and maintain the 60-acre property. SLCA will support this champion by fulling funding the materials and hired labor, if necessary.
- Clean dog waste bins at trailheads (weekly)
- Manage canoe racks & rentals (monthly)
- New member welcoming committee (quarterly)
- Lake quality monitoring (quarterly)
- Member renewals (annual)
- Member appreciation gifts (annual)
- Lake property member renewal (annual)
- Socials – fundraiser (annual)
- Board or Committee member (annual)
- Dredge Little Silver (3-5 years)
- Dredge Silver Lake (12-15 years)